Friday, April 13, 2007

Everyone needed to have their photo taken with the white people from America. We even heard that, after we left, fights broke out about who pushed who out of the picture and who got to stand next to who...oh the celebrity just kills me! Please notice Stevii on the left with her propositoner. If she ever is feeling in need of a husband, there is one waiting for her in Indonesia!

A view across from my aunt and uncle's house. You can see the mosque in the distance - one of the many that blare calls to prayer several times each day, including at 4am! Some interesting information: Egypt (I think) outlawed calls to prayer on loudspeakers. They are no longer allowed to amplify. Smart. It sounds like bad karaoke gone amuck (and many of you already know how I feel about karaoke. If not, I'm happy to share and, no, you will not be able to change my mind if I just come with you once and no that doesn't make me uptight and need to loosen up. I am thrilled to "get loose" in many other ways. Karaoke is not one of them.)

S, D & J with the neighbor girls. Davis and Jaron spent their afternoons in the yard playing with the neighbor kids. This is how I remember childhood. Nice for them to have that experience. And, somehow, the languag barrier didn't really matter much.

The lady next door. She is the one who took us to see her family in the village. She also wears a head scarf many times (I'm not sure of the reasons why she would or would not be wearing one at any given moment, but I'm sure someone knows.) We were just visiting on the porch. Mostly I was listening and my aunt Barbara was interpreting here and there. My, but don't I just look my personal best right there?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: