Saturday, May 19, 2007

Women's Retreat
Today, I went to the Union Church of Manila Women's mini-retreat - just up to Tagaytay (the volcano with a lake in it with a volcano in it and lots of resorts and vacation homes by it). While some of the women took a boat to the active part of the volcano, others of us picked mangos off of loaded mango trees, swam and sat around bonding. Here's some pics of the mango picking. This is Norman, up the tree. He's one of the church drivers, who incidentally managed to lose me (I was following him) on the way up, get lost himself (while I didn't) and get a ticket for swerving (a very common excuse for giving tickets in the Philippines). He did redeem himself at this point by climbing the trees and throwing down Mangos. Go Norman!

Charity waiting for her next mango...Charity is actually Davis and Jaron's music teacher at school.

Charity, ??? (sorry I forgot her name) and Margot bagging their loot...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: