Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Kim, me and Krissie on the top of the express boat from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh. Only 6 hours riding on top of a metal boat with the engine screaming in our ears the entire way and exposed to all the elements. (Michelle R. is taking our picture). After the first dousing of water, many people got cold and went below deck, but I am proud to say I stayed on the top of the boat the entire time enjoying the wind (no split end because my hair is all braided) and the view. Can I put that on my resume?

All the other foreigners who read Lonely Planet and wanted to experience the top of the boat.
The trip started in a huge lake which narrowed into a river after about 3 hours. The only consequences to our "actions" here is a very sore butt, approximately 3-4 hours of hearing loss and sounding like a robot when we got off in addition to being mobbed by tuk-tuk drivers asking if we needed a ride to our guesthouse. Apparently they know how to ask the question, but don't understand the word "no". That was a little irritating, but funny in retrospect.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: